Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
Ensuring the good mental health of children and young people plays a vital part in how effectively they become an integral part of society at large, with ill-mental health often leading to isolation, loneliness, depression and anti-social behaviour.
This qualification provides the knowledge and understanding to identify and support children and young people with mental health issues. It is suitable for those working or simply living with children and young people.
The mandatory units of this qualification are:
- Understand children and young people’s mental health in context
- Understand factors which may affect children and young people’s mental health
- Understand children and young people’s mental health concerns
- Understand the impact of children and young people’s mental health concerns
- Understand how to support children and young people with mental health concerns.
Although this qualification is suitable for parents, relatives and/or carers and those working with children and young people in a part time role e.g. clubs, groups etc (i.e. not just those working full time with children and young people), it will also provide a good foundation for further study including:
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
- Level 3 Award in the Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (England)
- Level 3 Award/Certificate/Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools.
This qualification is currently fully funded by the Government*. If you are not eligible for funding, it costs £449.
(*Eligibility criteria applies)
- Course NCFE number: 603/2813/7
- Duration: Approximately 8 weeks